Wo Yao He Kafei
I want to drink coffee...the most important phrase to learn in any language.
This weekend was debriefing retreat at church....yep, I'm still in the process. I'm still trying to implement all of Father's wonderful lessons from the summer into my life....honestly still trying to grasp things.....still missing being there. But Father has been faithful to show me some small glimpse of purpose in where I am right now, which is a huge blessing. Our team will be speaking in college worship and doing Sunday School this coming Sunday, and I have been praying about what Father would have me share. It's pretty amazing to think about all the words He used to bring me along this summer, and exciting to think about who He will raise up to go overseas next. He brought me to this verse this morning during quiet time....I guess it's more like a passage. This is who we are....Christ chooses us to be the words of life to those who are lost...
All of 2 Corinthians 3 is pretty darn good, but here is a great snippet:
"And we have such trust through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant..."
My prayer is that people will realize not only that God's heart for the nations is something that is to be of the utmost importance for every believer, but that they will also realize that going overseas isn't about being "super spiritual", because none of us are sufficient for these things. It's all about being obedient to Him, and about trusting Him, and about depending on Him. He makes us sufficient. Believe me, I felt completely insufficient to go overseas to share His gospel this summer....and because of that, I was forced to rely on Him completely. He is so faithful.
I've also been so thankful lately for the gift of music. It truly can speak in amazing ways.....so here are some awesome song lyrics...and rather than just listening to them, you should really get the actual song.
This weekend was debriefing retreat at church....yep, I'm still in the process. I'm still trying to implement all of Father's wonderful lessons from the summer into my life....honestly still trying to grasp things.....still missing being there. But Father has been faithful to show me some small glimpse of purpose in where I am right now, which is a huge blessing. Our team will be speaking in college worship and doing Sunday School this coming Sunday, and I have been praying about what Father would have me share. It's pretty amazing to think about all the words He used to bring me along this summer, and exciting to think about who He will raise up to go overseas next. He brought me to this verse this morning during quiet time....I guess it's more like a passage. This is who we are....Christ chooses us to be the words of life to those who are lost...
All of 2 Corinthians 3 is pretty darn good, but here is a great snippet:
"And we have such trust through Christ toward God. Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant..."
My prayer is that people will realize not only that God's heart for the nations is something that is to be of the utmost importance for every believer, but that they will also realize that going overseas isn't about being "super spiritual", because none of us are sufficient for these things. It's all about being obedient to Him, and about trusting Him, and about depending on Him. He makes us sufficient. Believe me, I felt completely insufficient to go overseas to share His gospel this summer....and because of that, I was forced to rely on Him completely. He is so faithful.
I've also been so thankful lately for the gift of music. It truly can speak in amazing ways.....so here are some awesome song lyrics...and rather than just listening to them, you should really get the actual song.
You will lose your baby teeth.
At times, you'll lose your faith in me.
You will lose a lot of things, But you cannot lose my love.
You may lose your appetite, Your guiding sense of wrong and right.
You may lose your will to fight, But you cannot lose my love.
You will lose your confidence. In times of trial, your common sense.
You may lose your innocence, But you cannot lose my love.
Many things can be misplaced; Your very memories be erased.
No matter what the time or space, You cannot lose my love.
You cannot lose, You cannot lose, You cannot lose my love.
I really saw that very clearly this summer...good stuff. Sara Groves is really gifted, and you should check her out...I am pretty new to her stuff myself, and it is amazzzing. Ok, well, I am off to "study"...for an account of how last night's study attempt went, check out my facebook videos. Haha.

1 Comments:
At 7:29 AM,
Anonymous said…
you need a new update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home