This is my anthem....

Just the thoughts from the mind of a saint with identity troubles....

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ni hao!

I have just finished my fourth day of the new semester...whoop! (yep, I can do that now, I'm a junior!). Thus far, it has been okay...crazy schedule, but I am enjoying
(if that's the right word) everything so far...except for maybe anthropology, aka, Evolution is the most important thing in the whole world. Anyways.

Fave class thus far: Without a doubt, Arabic. A close second would be Chinese, although thus far, it has been fairly boring...hopefully it will bet a bit more challenging soon.

Least favorite: ANTHROPOLOGY.

The 2 in the middle: Contemporary Issues in American Foreign Policy, and Advanced Composition.

I am sooo thankful that I followed Father's leading in quitting my job. I wouldn't have been able to manage 19 hours and involvement at church this semester without taking that step. I have been wanting to get involved in a Logos group (Bible study) this semester, and I am prayerfully considering doing TruLife Urban Ministry working with inner-city kids this semester. I am nervous about that, it doesn't seem like my thing, but I really think Father could teach me a lot about unconditional, Christ-like love, and much more, through serving with that.

I am also praying about Christmas teams. It would mean being overseas during Christmas, which would be really weird, Christmas is a really special time for our family, but, Jesus is worth it and Christmastime means a lot of special opportunities to share the gospel with people. I already discussed this with my parents, and they were supportive, which of course makes things a lot easier.

So, all-in-all, this should be an exciting semester. Father is doing something really interesting related to Muslim people and the Middle East...haven't quite figured out what He's up to and how it relates to me precisely. Even as I had my heart really drawn to China as a result of this summer and God's work, I still really feel my heart beating stronger and stronger for Muslim and Arab peoples. He continues to place stories, people, and lessons all around me....I was extremely excited to discover that the Mosque in College Station is right down the street from my apartment....what a great opportunity for prayer walks. There is a Muslim girl in my class who I am so drawn to...I really want to get to know her....she is really shy and I'm not exactly an extreme extrovert, but I sit next to her each morning, and I am really enjoying getting to know her better, she is so precious.

Another thing I am praying about is observing Ramadan...from a Christian perspective. In other words, fasting just like Muslims do during the month of Ramadan, but taking it as an opportunity to fast and pray on behalf of Muslim people all over the world. I got the idea from a worker I talked to overseas this summer who did the same thing for Muslims in East Asia. I have never actually done a long fast before, but I really feel that God will move powerfully as a result.

I have had a lot of opportunity to read for pleasure lately...my strategy as of late has been to read in my breaks between class, and when I'm working out at the rec, and as a result, I have read some truly great missionary autobiographies lately. One of them in particular really spoke to me: Facing Terror, by Carrie McDonnall. She was a journeyman in the Middle East, and eventually lost her husband to terrorists when they were ministering in Iraq. I highly recommend it. I am currently finishing up "God's Call" by Brother Andrew.

Well, those are the happenings and current thoughts in my life right now...wo ai ni!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home