This is my anthem....

Just the thoughts from the mind of a saint with identity troubles....

Monday, March 26, 2007

Decisions...

Six weeks and counting till this semester is done....and already I'm making decisions for next year...agggh.
What classes do I take?
What do I do for the half of my summer left after East Asia?

Annnnd the biggie that is occupying my thoughts right now: what do I commit my extra (ha) time to?

I'm struggling, because serving the Lord in some capacity should be more of a priority even than school...but how would He have me do it? And also, I am doubting that I will honestly be able to commit the time that whichever ministry He calls me to deserves. I just don't know...there are non-ministry related activities I would like to be involved in, but my reasons have to do with my resume or myself....and work owns me. I hate that I have to work while in school...I need the job, but it is a HUGE drain on my time, and whenever I am not working, I seem too exhausted to do anything productive.

Random Ideas:
I love Upstream. The influence it had on my walk with the Lord freshman year means it will always hold a special place in my heart, but could I really handle coordinator? Lots of thoughts there...it would mean some big sacrifices that I don't honestly know that I am ready to make....another ministry? Same thing...

Lord break me and show me the way....

In other news: I am soooo excited for summer!! I am eagerly anticipating seeing what the Lord does!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:13 AM, Blogger becca said…

    I'm praying for you Julie! I'm trying to make some big decisions about school and where God wants me. I really understand your desire to be involved in His ministry, me too! I can't wait to see where He puts me! Remember that whatever He gives you the desire to do, He will give you the means to do it. God has an amazing summer ahead for you, love ya girl!

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Hi Julie....just a thought for ya....but i think God has set aside a time in our lives to learn before He sends us out. I think we need to be FULLY equiped first in the areas that He wants us to be. Anyways...i'll be praying for you!!!!!!! love you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home