This is my anthem....

Just the thoughts from the mind of a saint with identity troubles....

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Back in the U.S. of A.

Well, I'm back. I have been for a while actually, but haven't really felt much like a blog post....kind of felt like deleting the blog actually...but it does have some good reminders of what I have been about this past year...some of which really displeases me..but hey, it is a testament to what the Lord has brought me through over this past year.

"How was your trip?"-I've been asked that multiple times of course, and it's still hard to answer....if I must sum it up in one word, I say amazing. I saw God work in incredible ways, and He definitely used the trip to change who I am as a person...to be honest, that's been really difficult coming back....trying to apply all the things I learned back at home has been challenging, but also extremely exciting. It's been hard to be back and have people not understand or really care what happened overseas, but then I have also been blessed to see what Father has been doing here while I've been away. He is the same powerful God all over the world....one thing I definitely learned over this trip is how much we, as humans, limit Him. He is not confined to our ways of working, or our timing, or even by our inadequate ways of proclaiming His name. I am completely humbled and awed to have been a part of his work in East Asia this summer. I miss my friends, but I know that He who began a good work in them is faithful to bring it to term. For now, He has ordained for me to be back In C-Stat.

Since coming back, I have made the difficult decision to quit my job without having something else lined up immediately. Last year was, quite frankly, a bad year....mainly due to the fact that I made work my number one priority when that should have been God, then relationships and school. I am anticipating that the next semester will be trying in many ways, but I am really looking forward to what God will walk me through this year...I'm along for the ride!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:12 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Dearest Julie! i'll make sure to keep you in my prayers! i know what it's like to have work troubles and not have priorites straight....last summer work took over my very being! Every now and again we need a little jolt to get us back on track. Love you lots!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home