Ushpizin
Summer is going to go by so fast, I can already tell just by how fast this week has flown by....there were so many things that I wanted to get done...most of them are still as of yet, undone. Anyways.....HCCH graduation was on Saturday. Yes, i cried. Yes, i went home and looked through gazillions of boxes of stuff from high school, and I was retrospective. Yearbooks, notes, mementos of stuff I had, sadly, forgotten all about in the two years since high school ended. Crazy how fast time flies by. And how yes, some things change....even if you don't want them to.....and then also, how some things never change. :) You know, certain people you just have a connection with, and even time apart doesn't change that....and other people, it definitely does.
Anyways, enough of the sentimental stuff. God is doing something big. I haven't figured out what it is....but it's going to be incredible. That's all I gots to say on that, but even though I am still slightly apprehensive about this summer, I am EXCITED! I leave for training on Saturday, and then the 30th I'll be flying out of S.A. on this grand adventure that the Lord has in store.
*Random, or maybe not so random, side note*
I am one of those individuals who firmly believes that we learn the biggest lessons in unexpected places. There are new things to be shown all around, and today, I got a big spiritual lesson from a foreign film. If you get the chance, rent "Ushpizin", a Hebrew film (don't worry, if you aren't fluent, there are subtitles). Ushpizin is an Aramaic word which refers to holy guests. Used in this instance, holy guests during the celebration of sabbach, remembering the exodus from Egypt. Anyways, there were some very pointed lessons that were drawn from this film.....so yeah, watch it. Random lessons from today:
*We have a God whom we may fully expect to perform miracles. And even seemingly little things that a busy person overlooks are miracles, things to be on your knees thanking the Lord for, or things that we should be dancing around shouting praises to Him for.
*Tests, or difficult people, are blessings. Revolutionary thought, huh? One which I definitely need to learn.
Anyways.....on a closing note, I won't be writing on here for awhile. Please pray for me during my trip, and for my team, and the people that we will encounter. If you want email updates during the six weeks I am gone, and you didn't already tell me, let me know and I'll get your email address on the list. Love you all.
Anyways, enough of the sentimental stuff. God is doing something big. I haven't figured out what it is....but it's going to be incredible. That's all I gots to say on that, but even though I am still slightly apprehensive about this summer, I am EXCITED! I leave for training on Saturday, and then the 30th I'll be flying out of S.A. on this grand adventure that the Lord has in store.
*Random, or maybe not so random, side note*
I am one of those individuals who firmly believes that we learn the biggest lessons in unexpected places. There are new things to be shown all around, and today, I got a big spiritual lesson from a foreign film. If you get the chance, rent "Ushpizin", a Hebrew film (don't worry, if you aren't fluent, there are subtitles). Ushpizin is an Aramaic word which refers to holy guests. Used in this instance, holy guests during the celebration of sabbach, remembering the exodus from Egypt. Anyways, there were some very pointed lessons that were drawn from this film.....so yeah, watch it. Random lessons from today:
*We have a God whom we may fully expect to perform miracles. And even seemingly little things that a busy person overlooks are miracles, things to be on your knees thanking the Lord for, or things that we should be dancing around shouting praises to Him for.
*Tests, or difficult people, are blessings. Revolutionary thought, huh? One which I definitely need to learn.
Anyways.....on a closing note, I won't be writing on here for awhile. Please pray for me during my trip, and for my team, and the people that we will encounter. If you want email updates during the six weeks I am gone, and you didn't already tell me, let me know and I'll get your email address on the list. Love you all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home