This is my anthem....

Just the thoughts from the mind of a saint with identity troubles....

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Love Is In The Air....




















Before you get too excited, the title of this post does not refer to me (although I have accumulated several new stalkers in recent months, but what else is new, haha). Yes, the excitement around the apartment as of late is over the fulfillment of our prophetic prediction that Miss Julie Pham would be the first of the roomies to get a boyfriend in college. Here is a photo of the cutest couple ever:








Anyways...soooo, what else...hmmm. Stress mainly. Balancing my life is difficult right now...spring break was waaaay too short...oh yeah. I should talk about spring break. haha. While some people went to Italy, Mexico, California (ahem Michelle) etc., I had an excellent time right here in the great state of TX. It was an interesting spring break, to be sure...I learned a lot about my limits.....and had a lot of my pride over certain things broken down into weakness. That probably doesn't make any sense, but yeah, you can talk to me in person if you want to know....





I am an eternal screw-up, and it continually amazes me that God is still willing to work with me. He's pretty cool like that. Anywhoo, the narrative of Spring Break (complete with photos, which kinda suck...and evidently JP and I were hiding from the camera, cause no one seems to have captured us looking normal....that's ok, haha)










Saturday: Make last-minute decision to call in to work and leave that night rather than on Sunday as planned. First must determine that I will not get fired for doing so...hmmm, how should I figure that out? I head into HEB with JP in tow, and timidly approach the manager's office. Oh good, Stephen is working, not Nichole.










Me: Uhm, hey Stephen, can you tell me what rating I'm on?





Stephen (pulling out book to check): Hmmm. Well, it says you're on a 40, but someone did the books wrong, so you're fine.





Me (inwardly cursing all the missed opportunities to call in): Ohhhh, ok, cool. *awkward pause* Sooooo, if I were to call in to work today...how bad would that be?





Stephen: As a manager, I have to tell you, that doesn't look good. I mean, I realize you're not planning on making a career out of HEB...but yeah, doesn't look good. As a friend, you're fine. You'll make the right choice.










Sooo, outstanding employee that I am....I called in.










Annnd, after a long six hour drive filled with the lovely experience of driving through a bazillion tiny towns (which is fun speed limit wise....70......55.....40.....25????), much playing of rap music, and caffeine, we arrived in Port A. We didn't even get horribly lost, I might add. That's right, we got the mad skills.







Our destination point for our stay in Port A was the ever-so-charming "Sunshine House", so named because of the bright yellow letter which proclaimed it so, hanging from the deck railing. After meeting the crazy West Point boys and some charming Chicagoans (yeah, I don't know what you call them), we were escorted to our sleeping arrangements...in the "basement" so to speak, with two random guys. This led to perhaps one of the funnier moments on the trip....which occured the next morning.




SCENE: The Julies prepare to make an appearance on the beach. ENTER: The lovely Asian and White Julies. The girls scan the room for guys, determine the coast is clear, and proceed to lock the door. In typical style, they begin to converse loudly.




JULIE ASIAN (yelling through the bathroom door, as white Julies stands in the room): WHERE DID I PUT MY PAD? WHERE SHOULD I THROW AWAY MY TRASH? I DON'T WANT THE BOYS TO BE LIKE AWKWARDED OUT!!




JULIE WHITE: Eh, whatever!




JULIE ASIAN: Sooo, I'm really self-conscious about just appearing in my swimsuit.




JULIE WHITE: Yeah, me too...I'm soo white, and I mean, they all have like really amazing hot abs!




JULIE ASIAN: I know!




JULIE WHITE: Especially hot guy. I would jump him in an instant!




JULIE ASIAN: Yeah, totally!




JULIE WHITE: OK, I'm TOTALLY STRIPPING OUT HERE, SO UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE MY THONG, DON'T COME OUT!!




JULIE ASIAN: OK!!




JULIE WHITE: OH MY GOSH MY BATHING SUIT FITS ALL WEIRD!! THIS TOP IS GONNA FALL OFF MY TINY BOOBS!!!




*Julie White pulls her clothing on and walks aimlessly over by the door. It is then that she notices a brown head of hair resting on a pillow, under the covers on the bed near the door. In a moment of horror, she realizes that there is no way this dude is asleep after how loudly they were conversing. She motions wildly for Julie Asian.*




JULIE WHITE: Ohhhh my god, there is a guy in bed right there!!




JULIE ASIAN: Ohhh my god!!




*They run outside*




JULIE ASIAN: Do you think he heard us?




JULIE WHITE (snorts): There is no way he didn't...ohhh my god I was totally stripping too....gossssh.




JULIE ASIAN: Hahaha, he saw you naked!!!




JULIE WHITE *groans* Ohhhh well.







Annnd for the rest of the day, Michael didn't look me in the eye....until he got drunk and disclosed that he was in the room and heard everything. Thanks for alerting us to your prescence. And for telling everyone in the beach house. Hahahaha. "I'm glad you think we have super-toned abs." "Which one of us is the hot one?" "I totally turned my head the other way when you said you were stripping though, honest." (uhmmmm, IF that is true thank you...)



What else, what else....

We dug holes (or rather watched other people dig them and then posed in them)


We went fishing.....
And it was cold (hence I am wearing a very attractive pink beach towel)We had a bonfire on the beach...
Went to South Padre for a bit and crammed about 15 people into 2 hotel rooms....

And witnessed a lot of odd (but hilarious and kinda sweet) West Point boy behaviour.
Somewhere in there was a lot of chilling, a random viewing of the most boring movie ever (23 people...don't waste your five bucks), an unsuccessul night of clubbing (at least some people got Henna tattoos out of the bargain), and a very chummy game of Truth or Dare.
All-in-all, a chillaxin week. Spring Break was too short, and I am pretty much ready to drop out of college and be a beach bum the rest of my life....
And that was a long post...back to the stress of college life....back to the grindstone of HEB....yeehaw.







2 Comments:

  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Meredith said…

    Julie White, you crack me up. ;-)

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    I'm gonna save this page in my favorites and when ever i need a good laugh i'm gonna pull it up! that is just TOOOOOOOOO funny!!!!! if it had been me stripping in the room i woulda jumped off the pier and drowned in hummiliation ;-P so it's a good thing it happened to you and not me ;-) well love ya tons and i'll ttyl!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGS!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home